- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship;
- To raise the standards of home life;
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth; and
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth, and
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
This mission is furthered by advocacy and educational programs directed toward parents, teachers, and the general public and is directly promoted by means of conferences, committees, projects, and programs.
- To increase the level of constructive involvement of parents in the education of our children;
- To increase effective communication between parents, on the one hand, and our teachers and the school administration, on the other hand; and
- To provide support – both material and otherwise – to our teachers and the school administration with a view to enhancing their ability to provide our children with a superior education.